TEAMSTERS LU 107 YRC & NEW PENN MEMBERS
9/22/23 >>>>Yellow Corp. Bankruptcy update<<<
SEPTA IS HIRING:
Handout from August 13th meeting:
Our local, in conjunction with the IBT, are gathering information to assist you at this unfortunate time in your career. It is recommended that your first step should be to apply for unemployment insurance through the state in which you live. We will update information as it becomes available.
Filing an Initial Claim (pa.gov)
New Jersey Unemployment
Customer service agents at the numbers below can accept your Unemployment Insurance claim over the phone:
North New Jersey: 201-601-4100
Central New Jersey: 732-761-2020
South New Jersey: 856-507-2340
Out-of-state claims: 888-795-6672 (you must call from a phone with an out-of-state area code)
PENNSYLVANIA CAREER LINK - PHILADELPHIA REGION ***FREE service
www.pacareerlinkphl.org 1-833-750-JOBS (5627)
Computer Lab and Job Search Assistance:
- Every Thursday, (9am-4:30pm)
- Lynette Pawlak
- Located at Philadelphia Community College NE, Townsend Rd, NE Philly
TEAMSTERS HEALTH & WELFARE AND PENSION OF PHILADELPHIA VICINITY
800-523-2846 / 856-382-2400 www.teamsterfunds.com
- ***Your Health coverage will be extended through the end of this year 12/31/23*** Provided you were an employee of YRC/NEW PENN as of July 31, 2023
- For those eligible, Do Not apply for Medicare benefits until December.
- Pensions: you can collect pension and unemployment only based on Unemployment rules and guidelines. You should direct questions to Unemployment on how your pension could affect your unemployment benefits before you take your pension benefits.
- To apply for your pension, the Fund will Need Birth certificate for you and your spouse, copies of Social Security card, Marriage certificate and any death cert/divorce decrees and property settlements from divorces.
- If your spouse’s last name on the birth certificate does not match the one on the marriage certificate, you will need documentation terminating the previous marriage.
Arbor Group – Pension and Social Security Maximization Consultants __***Free Service to you***
- Bob Trottenberg and Izzy Brettler
- 2500 McClellan Avenue, Pennsauken, NJ 08109
- Certified Social Security representatives
- Medicare Advantage enrollment assistance (Supplemental Insurance to Medicare A & B)
- Consultant for strategies to augment Pension through Life Insurance Policies
AFL/CIO Danny Bauer 215-665-9800
- Call if you find a union job or want to find a union job!
For Grievance Filing, Vacations, Personals and Sick call:
Local 107 Shawn Dougherty 215-552-0070 x-104 or email at email@example.com
Teamster/Other Union/Non-Union Employers that are or could be Hiring/taking applications
US Foods CDL and Warehouse
ACME, Denver, PA
Penn Jersey Paper (through Indeed website)
SEPTA **NOW! HIRING DRIVERS WITH A CDL!
Additional information will be provided as it becomes available. Check our website frequently